Apply for financial aid
There are many ways to finance your college education -- and financial aid is one of the most common.
To apply for federal and state financial aid, you must:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov
. You will need to list the Federal School Code for the school you plan to attend.
2. Complete the FAFSA at least three weeks before the Priority Funding Date. Check with the Financial Aid Office at your school for specific Priority Funding Deadlines.
Summer and Fall quarters, the Priority deadline is typically in mid-April
Winter quarter, the Priority deadline is typically mid to late October
Spring Priority deadline, the Priority deadline is typically in mid-February
3. Complete the Terms and Conditions form for the appropriate academic year after the Financial Aid Office has received your FAFSA.
Other forms may be required. Check your ctcLink My Student Center To Do List for additional form and information requests
SCC Financial Aid Office 509-533-7017
SFCC Financial Aid Office 509-533-3550
Return any requested documents as soon as possible. The financial aid office cannot proceed with your awarding without required paperwork
Please keep your e-mail address updated with the Financial Aid Office. Double check to make sure messages from the school are not going to your junk mail.
4. You can check on the status of your financial aid application in your ctcLink account. Don't make assumptions, ask questions if something doesn't make sense.
5. IMPORTANT! All requested documents must be received by the Priority Funding Date for your application to be reviewed on time for the upcoming quarter.